Pulumi Programming Framework
Pulumi is a cloud development platform that makes creating cloud programs easy and productive.
#What is Pulumi?
Pulumi is a modern infrastructure as code framework that allows developers to create, deploy and manage cloud infrastructure using familiar programming languages. Pulumi offers a multi-cloud approach, enabling teams to deploy to a wide range of cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes. With Pulumi, developers can write infrastructure code with ease and accuracy.
#Pulumi Key Features
Here are the most recognizable features of Pulumi framework:
- Multi-cloud support for popular cloud providers
- Automatic resource dependency management and parallel resource creation
- Integrated secrets management with various backends
- Easy integration with CI/CD tools
- Includes a library of pre-built components to speed up development
Here are some of the use cases of Pulumi:
- Provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure across multiple cloud providers
- Creating and managing serverless functions and containers
- Automating infrastructure deployment and management
- Setting up complex networking configurations across multiple clouds
Here are some of the most-known pros of using Pulumi framework:
- Uses familiar programming languages, reducing the learning curve for developers
- Supports a wide range of cloud providers, allowing for a multi-cloud approach
- Provides easy integration with CI/CD tools, allowing for a streamlined development process
- Offers automatic resource dependency management, saving time and reducing errors
- Includes a library of pre-built components, speeding up development time
- Has a strong community and documentation support
Here are some of the most-known cons of using Pulumi framework:
- Limited support for some cloud providers
- Steep pricing for enterprise features and support
- Lack of maturity compared to other infrastructure as code tools
Pulumi is a modern infrastructure as code framework that allows developers to write infrastructure code using familiar programming languages and deploy it across multiple cloud providers, with a strong community and documentation support.