Dropwizard Programming Framework
Dropwizard is a framework for developing high-performance, RESTful web services in Java. It is built on top of proven, battle-tested libraries and provides developers with a fast way to get their applications up and running.
#What is Dropwizard?
Dropwizard is a Java framework that allows developers to quickly build production-ready RESTful web services. It provides a collection of stable, reusable modules that are integrated with a lightweight HTTP server to create a simple and powerful framework for building RESTful web services.
#Dropwizard Key Features
Some of the most recognizable features of Dropwizard include:
- Simple, yet powerful configuration system
- Integrated Jetty HTTP server
- Metrics and health check support
- Built-in support for database migrations
- Easy integration with external logging frameworks
- Production-ready performance and scalability
Some use-cases for Dropwizard include:
- Building RESTful APIs for web and mobile applications
- Building microservices that communicate via RESTful APIs
- Building backend services for Internet of Things (IoT) devices
Some of the most-known pros of Dropwizard are:
- Rapid development of RESTful web services due to its extensive set of features and powerful configuration system.
- Increased productivity through the use of built-in modules that handle complex functionality such as database migrations, metrics and health checks.
- High performance and scalability due to its integration with Jetty and built-in metrics and health checks.
Some of the most-known cons of Dropwizard are:
- Limited support for asynchronous programming models.
- Learning curve for developers not familiar with Java and/or RESTful web service development.
- Limited community support compared to other Java web frameworks.
Dropwizard is a powerful Java framework for building production-ready RESTful web services that provides a collection of stable and reusable modules, integrated with a lightweight HTTP server, and with built-in support for metrics and health checks, and database migrations.