Sanic Programming Framework
Sanic is a Python web framework designed for fast HTTP responses via asynchronous request handling.
#What is Sanic?
Sanic is an open-source web application framework written in Python. It is designed to be fast and lightweight, built on top of the asynchronous web server library, asyncio. The framework aims to provide developers with a simple and easy-to-use API for building high-performance web applications.
#Sanic Key Features
Some of the most recognizable features of Sanic include:
- Asynchronous request handling: Sanic is built on top of asyncio, which enables it to handle multiple requests concurrently.
- High-performance web server: Sanic uses uvloop, an ultra-fast implementation of asyncio event loop, and Cython, a programming language that converts Python code to C, to achieve faster response times and lower resource usage.
- Easy-to-use API: Sanic provides developers with a simple and intuitive API that makes it easy to build web applications quickly.
Some common use-cases for Sanic include:
- Building high-performance web applications that can handle a large number of requests concurrently
- Developing real-time applications, such as chat or messaging apps, that require low latency and fast response times
- Creating microservices that can be easily deployed and scaled to meet changing demand.
Some of the most-known pros of Sanic include:
- High performance and low resource usage
- Simple and easy-to-use API for building web applications
- Built-in support for CORS and authentication.
Some of the most-known cons of Sanic include:
- Limited support for certain features, such as web sockets
- Limited documentation compared to other web frameworks
- Less popular compared to other Python web frameworks, such as Flask and Django.
Sanic is a lightweight, high-performance web application framework written in Python that aims to provide developers with a simple and easy-to-use API for building fast and efficient web applications. While it may have some limitations compared to other frameworks, Sanic is a great choice for building real-time applications that require low latency and fast response times.