Flask-Assets Assets Pipeline
Flask-Assets is an extension for Flask that helps you to manage your web asset files and deal with them in a neat and efficient way. It is a wrapper around the popular web asset management library webassets.
- Github Topic:flask-assets
#What is Flask-Assets?
Flask-Assets is a Flask extension that provides an asset pipeline for web applications built on top of Flask. The extension uses a simple configuration format to define the list of source files to be processed, and the output files to be generated.
#Flask-Assets Key Features
Most recognizable Flask-Assets features include:
- Ability to compile assets on the fly during development, and pre-compile assets for production deployment.
- Support for a wide range of pre-processors and post-processors, including LESS, SASS, CoffeeScript, and many more.
- Automatic cache busting by appending a unique hash to each generated asset filename.
- Integration with Flask’s development server and static file serving for a seamless development experience.
- Ability to define custom bundles of assets, allowing for easy management and configuration of multiple assets.
- Compatibility with a wide range of storage backends, including local filesystem, Amazon S3, and more.
Some of the Flask-Assets use-cases are:
- Creating a custom theme for a Flask-based CMS or blog.
- Optimizing website performance by minimizing and bundling assets.
- Automating the asset management process to improve workflow and developer productivity.
Flask-Assets is a Flask extension that provides a powerful and flexible asset pipeline for web applications. It offers a range of features and supports a wide range of use-cases, making it an ideal choice for developers looking to optimize their web application’s performance and workflow.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.