Harp.js Assets Pipeline
Harp is a zero-configuration static web server and assets pipeline built with Node.js, and it’s great for rapid prototyping.
#What is Harp.js?
#Harp.js Key Features
Most recognizable Harp.js features include:
- Built-in assets pipeline: preprocess, optimize and manage your assets.
- Supports pre-processors like Jade, Markdown, Sass, and CoffeeScript, among others.
- Out-of-the-box support for partials and layouts, so you can easily reuse code across your website.
- Live reload feature allows you to see changes in real-time as you work on your website.
- Smart URL handling allows you to structure your website as you like, without worrying about file paths.
- Simple deployment: deploy your website to any static web host, or use Harp.js’s built-in deploy command to deploy to Heroku or Amazon S3.
Some of the Harp.js use-cases are:
- Building static websites or prototypes quickly and easily.
- Rapidly iterating on designs and functionality with live reload feature.
- Managing your website’s assets without the hassle of manually compiling or managing dependencies.
- Easily organizing and structuring your website with built-in support for partials and layouts.
- Deploying your website to any static web host with a simple command.
Harp.js is a static web server with a built-in assets pipeline that makes it easy to preprocess and manage your website’s assets, with features like support for pre-processors, built-in support for partials and layouts, live reload, smart URL handling, and easy deployment to any static web host.