Propshaft Assets Pipeline
Propshaft is a Ruby library for compiling and serving web assets, with a focus on performance and ease of use. It uses a plugin-based architecture to support a wide range of asset types and compilers.
- Github Topic:propshaft
#What is Propshaft?
#Propshaft Key Features
Most recognizable Propshaft features include:
- Supports bundling and minification of multiple assets into a single file.
- Provides caching of assets to improve performance.
- Offers configuration options to customize asset compilation settings.
- Supports pre-processing of assets using popular tools like Sass and Less.
- Provides an easy way to include third-party libraries in asset pipelines.
- Integrates with popular web frameworks like Sinatra and Hanami.
Some of the Propshaft use-cases are:
- Improving page load times by reducing the number of HTTP requests.
- Simplifying asset management and optimizing assets for production.
- Supporting development workflows that involve bundling and minification.
- Enabling developers to include third-party libraries easily.
- Supporting pre-processing of assets using popular tools like Sass and Less.
- Providing a standardized way to manage client-side assets across different web frameworks.
Propshaft is a Ruby library that provides an assets pipeline for web applications, supporting bundling, minification, caching, and pre-processing of assets, and enabling developers to manage client-side assets easily and optimize application performance.