Stylus Assets Pipeline
Stylus is a dynamic stylesheet preprocessor language that is compiled into Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). It uses a syntax similar to Sass and has influenced the design of several other CSS preprocessors.
#What is Stylus?
Stylus is a CSS preprocessor that helps developers write CSS code more efficiently. Stylus is known for its simplicity, ease of use, and powerful features, which allow developers to write complex CSS stylesheets quickly and easily. With Stylus, developers can create reusable code snippets, mixins, variables, and functions, which can be used across multiple projects.
#Stylus Key Features
Most recognizable Stylus features include:
- Simple and intuitive syntax
- Powerful nesting capabilities
- Mixins and variables for reusable code
- Extensive library of plugins and extensions
- Automatic vendor prefixing for cross-browser compatibility
Some of the Stylus use-cases are:
- Rapid prototyping and development of web projects
- Creating reusable style libraries for multiple projects
- Optimizing CSS code for better performance and smaller file sizes
- Building complex animations and transitions
- Simplifying the process of creating complex grid systems
- Enhancing the capabilities of CSS with additional features and functions
Stylus is a powerful CSS preprocessor that offers developers a range of features and capabilities to improve their workflow and make it easier to write efficient, high-quality CSS code.