Action Policy is a Ruby authorization framework for building applications using the action objects pattern. It allows you to define policies that encapsulate the authorization logic and keep it separate from the business logic of your application.
#What is ActionPolicy?
Action Policy Authorization is a Ruby gem that provides a flexible and powerful authorization framework for Ruby on Rails applications. It is designed to simplify the process of implementing complex authorization rules by providing a set of tools and conventions that can be easily integrated into existing applications.
#ActionPolicy Key Features
Most recognizable ActionPolicy features include:
- A flexible and extensible authorization framework that can be easily customized to fit the needs of different applications.
- Support for a wide range of authorization rules, including role-based access control, attribute-level access control, and time-based access control.
- Built-in support for popular authentication frameworks such as Devise and Warden.
- Integration with popular Ruby on Rails libraries such as Pundit and CanCanCan.
- Extensive documentation and a helpful community for troubleshooting and support.
- Fast and efficient performance, even with large datasets and complex authorization rules.
Some of the ActionPolicy use-cases are:
- Implementing role-based access control for user accounts and administrative features.
- Enforcing attribute-level access control for sensitive data in a web application.
- Managing time-based access control for time-sensitive data and resources.
- Action Policy Authorization is a powerful and flexible authorization framework for Ruby on Rails applications that can be easily customized to fit a wide range of use-cases, making it an ideal choice for complex applications that require robust authorization rules.
Action Policy Authorization is a flexible and extensible authorization framework for Ruby on Rails applications that supports a wide range of authorization rules, with features such as support for popular authentication frameworks, integration with other Ruby on Rails libraries, and fast performance. Its use-cases include implementing role-based access control and attribute-level access control in web applications.