Keycloak is an open-source software product to allow single sign-on with Identity Management and Access Management aimed at modern applications and services.
- Github Topic:keycloak
#What is Keycloak?
Keycloak is an open-source Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution that provides a range of features to secure modern applications and services. Keycloak enables Single Sign-On (SSO) across different applications and services, centralizes user management and authentication, and provides authorization and permissions management.
#Keycloak Key Features
Most recognizable Keycloak features include:
- Supports various protocols: Keycloak supports a range of protocols, including OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, and LDAP.
- Multi-factor authentication: Keycloak supports multiple authentication factors, including username/password, OTP, SMS, and email-based verification.
- Fine-grained authorization: Keycloak allows defining fine-grained permissions and authorization policies to control access to resources.
- Here are some of the use-cases for Keycloak:
Some of the Keycloak use-cases are:
- Securing microservices: Keycloak can secure microservices by providing authentication and authorization for APIs using OAuth 2.0 and JWT tokens.
- Centralized user management: Keycloak can act as a centralized user management solution that can integrate with various identity providers and user directories.
- Enterprise security: Keycloak can provide enterprise-grade security for applications by offering SSO, multifactor authentication, and fine-grained authorization.
Keycloak is an open-source IAM solution that provides various authentication and authorization features, such as SSO, multi-factor authentication, and fine-grained authorization policies. Keycloak is commonly used to secure modern applications and services, centralize user management and authentication, and provide enterprise-grade security.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.