Laravel Passport Authorization
Laravel Passport is an OAuth2 server and API authentication package that is simple to use and makes it easy to authenticate users with OAuth2.
- Github Topic:laravel-passport
#What is Laravel Passport?
Laravel Passport is an OAuth2 server and API authentication package for the Laravel PHP framework. It is designed to provide a simple and easy way to authenticate users and secure APIs using access tokens. Passport enables developers to implement various OAuth2 flows such as authorization code, password, client credentials, and personal access tokens with minimal setup.
#Laravel Passport Key Features
Most recognizable Laravel Passport features include:
- Simple installation and configuration process
- Provides a full OAuth2 server implementation
- Includes support for refresh tokens, token revocation, and token expiration
- Enables the creation of personal access tokens for clients
- Comes with built-in scopes and scope management
- Allows for easy integration with Laravel’s existing authentication system
- Here are some common use cases for Laravel Passport:
#Laravel Passport Use-Cases
Some of the Laravel Passport use-cases are:
- Securing APIs with OAuth2 authentication
- Creating personal access tokens for third-party applications to access user data
- Building a mobile or web application that needs to authenticate users and access protected resources
- Enabling two-factor authentication for users via OAuth2 flows
- Creating client applications that can access protected resources on behalf of users
- Implementing multi-tenant applications with scoped access tokens
#Laravel Passport Summary
Laravel Passport is a powerful and flexible OAuth2 server and API authentication package for the Laravel PHP framework that enables developers to secure APIs and authenticate users with minimal setup.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.