Horizon is an open-source developer platform for building realtime, scalable web apps. It provides a complete backend that makes it dramatically simpler and faster to build and run realtime applications.
#What is Horizon?
#Horizon Key Features
Most recognizable Horizon features include:
- Real-time data synchronization: Horizon provides real-time data synchronization between clients and servers, allowing developers to build applications that respond immediately to changes in data.
- Automatic scaling: Horizon automatically scales to handle increasing traffic, ensuring that applications are always responsive and available.
- Built-in security: Horizon includes built-in security features, such as user authentication and access control, to help protect data and ensure that applications are secure.
- Customizable data models: Horizon allows developers to define custom data models that can be used to store and manipulate data in real time.
- Integration with other technologies: Horizon can be easily integrated with other technologies, such as React and Angular, making it easy to build complex applications using familiar tools.
- Some of the use cases for Horizon include:
Some of the Horizon use-cases are:
- Real-time collaboration: Horizon is well-suited for building real-time collaboration applications, such as team chat and collaborative document editing.
- Real-time analytics: Horizon’s real-time data synchronization makes it a good choice for building applications that require real-time analytics, such as dashboards and monitoring tools.
- Multiplayer gaming: Horizon’s real-time data synchronization and automatic scaling make it a good choice for building real-time multiplayer games.