Jobber Background Jobs
Jobber is a powerful and flexible cron-like scheduler for Unix systems.
- Github Topic:jobber
#What is Jobber?
Jobber is a background job processing library built for the Ruby programming language. It is designed to be easy to use and configurable, allowing developers to create and run background jobs with minimal effort. Jobber runs on top of popular job processing backends like Sidekiq and Resque.
#Jobber Key Features
Here are some of Jobber’s most recognizable features:
- Simple API for creating and running background jobs
- Easy integration with popular job processing backends like Sidekiq and Resque
- Flexible scheduling options, including cron-style scheduling and recurring jobs
- Support for prioritization and job dependencies
- Advanced job tracking and monitoring, including error reporting and retry logic
- Built-in support for job locking and concurrency control
Jobber can be used in a variety of use cases, including:
- Sending emails and notifications
- Processing and analyzing data
- Generating reports and dashboards
- Handling time-consuming tasks like file uploads and downloads
- Running periodic maintenance tasks
- Integrating with third-party services and APIs
Jobber is a flexible and easy-to-use background job processing library built for the Ruby programming language, with a simple API, flexible scheduling options, and advanced job tracking and monitoring capabilities, designed for a variety of use cases.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.