Que Background Jobs
Que is a high-performance alternative to DelayedJob or Sidekiq for Ruby, backed by PostgreSQL. Its features include reliability, transactional job locking, and a simple interface.
#What is Que?
Que is a background job processing library for Ruby applications that uses PostgreSQL as its storage engine. It enables developers to easily create and manage background jobs for time-consuming tasks, such as sending emails, generating reports, and processing large amounts of data.
#Que Key Features
Some of the most recognizable features of Que include:
- Asynchronous job execution with flexible job scheduling options.
- Automatic job retries in case of errors, with customizable retry intervals and limits.
- Job prioritization to ensure high-priority tasks are processed first.
- Ability to specify dependencies between jobs and control job execution order.
- Detailed job status tracking and monitoring with built-in logging and error handling.
- Integration with popular Ruby web frameworks and libraries, including Ruby on Rails and Sinatra.
Que can be used in a variety of use cases, including:
- Sending bulk emails or notifications to users.
- Generating reports or performing data analytics.
- Processing large data sets, such as file uploads or data imports.
- Performing background tasks for web applications, such as database backups or cache invalidation.
- Handling recurring tasks, such as scheduled maintenance or batch processing.
- Building event-driven architectures and integrating with other messaging systems.
Que is a powerful and flexible background job processing library for Ruby applications that leverages the reliability and scalability of PostgreSQL as its storage engine.