Que Background Jobs
Que is a high-performance alternative to DelayedJob or Sidekiq for Ruby, backed by PostgreSQL. Its features include reliability, transactional job locking, and a simple interface.
- Github Topic:que-jobs
#What is Que?
Que is a background job processing library for Ruby applications that uses PostgreSQL as its storage engine. It enables developers to easily create and manage background jobs for time-consuming tasks, such as sending emails, generating reports, and processing large amounts of data.
#Que Key Features
Some of the most recognizable features of Que include:
- Asynchronous job execution with flexible job scheduling options.
- Automatic job retries in case of errors, with customizable retry intervals and limits.
- Job prioritization to ensure high-priority tasks are processed first.
- Ability to specify dependencies between jobs and control job execution order.
- Detailed job status tracking and monitoring with built-in logging and error handling.
- Integration with popular Ruby web frameworks and libraries, including Ruby on Rails and Sinatra.
Que can be used in a variety of use cases, including:
- Sending bulk emails or notifications to users.
- Generating reports or performing data analytics.
- Processing large data sets, such as file uploads or data imports.
- Performing background tasks for web applications, such as database backups or cache invalidation.
- Handling recurring tasks, such as scheduled maintenance or batch processing.
- Building event-driven architectures and integrating with other messaging systems.
Que is a powerful and flexible background job processing library for Ruby applications that leverages the reliability and scalability of PostgreSQL as its storage engine.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.