Tekton Continuous Delivery
Tekton is a powerful and flexible open-source framework for creating CI/CD systems, allowing developers to build, test, and deploy across multiple cloud providers or on-premise systems.
#What is Tekton?
Tekton is an open-source and cloud-native platform that provides a flexible and extensible foundation for building continuous integration and delivery systems (CI&CD). It allows developers to define and execute their CI&CD pipelines as code, enabling automation, collaboration, and repeatability.
#Tekton Key Features
Most recognizable Tekton features include:
- Tekton uses Kubernetes as its underlying platform, making it cloud-native and highly scalable.
- It provides a set of reusable building blocks called “Tasks,” which can be combined to create CI&CD pipelines.
- Tekton has a declarative syntax, making it easy to define and manage complex pipelines.
- It integrates with other tools and services such as Git, Docker, Jenkins, and Slack.
- Tekton has a vibrant community of contributors and users, ensuring ongoing development and support.
- It provides a dashboard for monitoring pipeline runs and debugging issues.
- Here are some of the use-cases of Tekton CI&CD:
Some of the Tekton use-cases are:
- Automating the build, test, and deployment processes for cloud-native applications running on Kubernetes.
- Creating and managing CI&CD pipelines for microservices-based architectures.
- Enabling DevOps teams to collaborate and manage their pipelines as code.
Tekton is a cloud-native and flexible platform for building CI&CD pipelines using Kubernetes as its foundation, offering reusable building blocks, declarative syntax, integration with other tools, and a vibrant community of users and contributors.