#What is CouchDB?
CouchDB Database is a NoSQL document-oriented database management system that is designed to provide a flexible and scalable solution for managing large volumes of data. It is built on a distributed architecture that provides high availability and fault tolerance.
#CouchDB Key Features
Some of the most recognizable features of CouchDB include:
- its support for JSON documents,
- built-in MapReduce,
- a RESTful API for accessing data,
- it provides a built-in replication mechanism that allows for data synchronization between distributed instances of the database,
- it has built-in support for multi-version concurrency control (MVCC), which provides for efficient handling of concurrent access to data.
Some of the most common use cases for CouchDB include:
- content management systems,
- mobile and web applications,
- social networking applications,
- it can be used to store and manage large volumes of unstructured data, such as user-generated content and machine-generated data,
- It is also well-suited for applications that require high performance and scalability, such as real-time data processing and analysis.
CouchDB Database is a NoSQL document-oriented database management system that provides a flexible and scalable solution for managing large volumes of data. It is well-suited for a range of applications, including content management systems, mobile and web applications, and social networking applications, that require high performance, scalability, and efficient handling of concurrent access to data.