FileMaker Pro Database
FileMaker Pro is a cross-platform relational database application from FileMaker Inc., a subsidiary of Apple Inc.
#What is FileMaker Pro?
FileMaker Pro is a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Apple subsidiary Claris International. It is a user-friendly platform that enables users to create custom databases, automate workflows, and design user interfaces with drag-and-drop ease, without requiring advanced programming skills.
#FileMaker Pro Key Features
Here are some of the most recognizable features of FileMaker Pro:
- Drag-and-drop interface for designing custom database layouts and user interfaces
- Ability to connect with external data sources such as SQL databases, REST APIs, and web services
- Built-in automation tools such as script triggers, scheduled scripts, and script steps
- Multi-platform compatibility, with the ability to deploy databases on Mac, Windows, iOS, and the web
- Robust security features, including user-level access privileges and encryption
- Integration with other Claris products such as FileMaker Go and FileMaker Cloud
#FileMaker Pro Use-Cases
Here are some common use-cases for FileMaker Pro:
- Small to medium-sized businesses looking to create custom databases to streamline workflows and automate repetitive tasks
- Non-profit organizations looking to manage donor data and fundraising activities
- Educational institutions looking to track student data and academic performance
- Healthcare providers looking to manage patient data and medical records
- Event planners looking to manage attendee information and event logistics
- Creative professionals looking to manage digital asset libraries and project workflows
#FileMaker Pro Summary
FileMaker Pro is a user-friendly RDBMS that enables users to design custom databases, automate workflows, and create user interfaces with drag-and-drop ease, and is commonly used by small to medium-sized businesses, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.