Tarantool is a NoSQL database that runs inside an application server. It can also be used as an application server.
#What is Tarantool/Box?
Tarantool/Box is an open-source NoSQL database that can be used as a key-value store or a Lua application server. It was designed for high-performance OLTP (Online Transaction Processing) workloads and provides a combination of in-memory and on-disk storage to optimize read and write performance. Tarantool/Box has a modular architecture that allows users to extend it with custom Lua scripts or C modules.
#Tarantool/Box Key Features
Here are some of the most recognizable features of Tarantool/Box:
- In-memory and on-disk storage engines for optimized performance
- Lua scripting language support for custom business logic and stored procedures
- Automatic sharding and replication for high availability and scalability
- ACID transactions for data consistency and integrity
- Secondary indexes for efficient data retrieval
- Built-in network protocols for easy integration with other systems
Here are some common use cases for Tarantool/Box:
- High-performance OLTP workloads, such as e-commerce or financial applications
- Real-time analytics and data processing
- Distributed systems with high availability and scalability requirements
- Microservices architecture, where Tarantool/Box can serve as a central data store or as a service itself
Tarantool/Box is an open-source NoSQL database that offers high-performance OLTP processing, Lua scripting support, automatic sharding and replication, ACID transactions, and easy integration with other systems. It can be used for a variety of use cases, including e-commerce, financial applications, real-time analytics, and microservices architecture.