ToroDB is an open-source document-oriented database that stores data in JSON format and uses SQL-like language to query the data.
- Github Topic:torodb
#What is ToroDB?
ToroDB is an open-source, document-oriented, NoSQL database that is compatible with MongoDB’s wire protocol. It provides a SQL interface on top of MongoDB, allowing users to perform SQL queries on MongoDB data without losing the ability to access and manipulate data in a MongoDB-native way.
#ToroDB Key Features
Here are some of ToroDB’s most recognizable features:
- Compatible with MongoDB wire protocol
- Offers a SQL interface for querying MongoDB data
- Provides ACID transaction support for write operations
- Supports secondary indexes and complex queries
- Allows users to replicate data between MongoDB and ToroDB
- Offers a REST API for data management and administration
Some potential use cases for ToroDB include:
- Providing a SQL interface on top of existing MongoDB applications
- Facilitating data migration from MongoDB to a more structured SQL-based database
- Enabling businesses to integrate MongoDB data with other systems through a SQL interface
- Providing a more efficient way to query large-scale MongoDB datasets
ToroDB is a NoSQL database that enables SQL-based querying of MongoDB data, offers ACID transaction support, and provides a REST API for data management and administration.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.