GCP App Engine Deployment
Google App Engine lets developers build scalable web and mobile backends in any language on Google’s infrastructure.
- Github Topic:google-app-engine
#What is GCP App Engine?
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) App Engine is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering that allows developers to deploy and manage web and mobile applications in a fully managed serverless environment. This means that developers can focus on writing code without worrying about the underlying infrastructure, scaling, or availability. GCP App Engine supports multiple programming languages, including Java, Python, Node.js, Go, Ruby, PHP, and .NET.
#GCP App Engine Key Features
Most-recognizable GCP App Engine features include:
- Fully managed serverless environment that scales automatically based on demand
- Support for multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Integration with other GCP services such as Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, and Stackdriver Logging
- Built-in security features, such as HTTPS support, automatic SSL certificates, and Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles and permissions
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using Cloud Build and Cloud Source Repositories
- Flexible deployment options, including standard environment, flexible environment, and container environment.
#GCP App Engine Use-Cases
Some of the GCP App Engine use-cases are:
- Web and mobile application development and deployment
- Rapid prototyping and experimentation
- Building and deploying microservices and APIs
- Integrating with other GCP services and third-party services
- Running batch processing and scheduled tasks
- Hosting static websites and content delivery.
#GCP App Engine Summary
GCP App Engine Deployment is a fully managed serverless PaaS offering that supports multiple programming languages, provides built-in security and scalability, and offers flexible deployment options, making it an ideal choice for building and deploying web and mobile applications in the cloud.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.