Fortify Developer Experience
Fortify is a static code analysis tool that provides security insights and remediation guidance during the development process.
- Github Topic:fortify
#What is Fortify?
Fortify is a code quality tool developed by Micro Focus that provides a suite of security features designed to help developers identify and remediate security vulnerabilities in their code. The tool is capable of scanning a wide range of programming languages and can be integrated with various development environments, including popular IDEs and build tools.
#Fortify Key Features
Most recognizable Fortify features include:
- Static code analysis: Fortify uses static analysis to identify potential security vulnerabilities in code before it is executed.
- Real-time feedback: Developers receive real-time feedback on potential security risks, allowing them to quickly address any issues.
- Security dashboard: The tool provides a dashboard that displays a summary of the security posture of an application, including metrics on risk severity and remediation progress.
- Customizable rules: Fortify allows developers to customize rules for specific projects or programming languages.
- Integration with build tools: The tool can be integrated with various build tools, including Ant, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Cloud support: Fortify can be run on-premises or in the cloud, providing developers with the flexibility to choose the deployment model that best suits their needs.
Some of the Fortify use-cases are:
- Security vulnerability management: Fortify can help organizations manage security vulnerabilities across their application portfolio.
- Compliance: The tool provides reports that can help organizations demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Secure coding standards: Fortify can be used to enforce secure coding standards across an organization’s development teams.
Fortify is a code quality tool that provides a suite of security features, including static code analysis, real-time feedback, and customizable rules. The tool can be integrated with various development environments and can be used to manage security vulnerabilities, demonstrate compliance, and enforce secure coding standards.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.