File Storage Tools
Browse the tools available to address the File Storage concept in your next programming project.
ActiveStorageActive Storage facilitates uploading files to a cloud storage service like Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, or Microsoft Azure Storage and attaching those files to Active Record objects.
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage ServiceAlibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS) is a fully-managed cloud storage service that enables you to store, back up, and archive large amounts of data in the cloud.
Amazon S3Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
Backblaze B2 Cloud StorageBackblaze B2 Cloud Storage is a robust, scalable, and cost-effective cloud storage solution designed for businesses, developers, and IT professionals.
CarrierwaveCarrierWave is a Ruby library that provides a simple and extremely flexible way to upload files from Ruby applications.
Cloudian HyperStoreCloudian HyperStore is a fully S3-compatible object storage software solution that lets users easily store, manage, and protect their data across private and public clouds, at petabyte scale.
DigitalOcean SpacesDigitalOcean Spaces provides object storage that’s affordable, interoperable, and built for developers. You can store and serve any amount of data securely with Spaces and integrate it into your applications with simple API calls.
Google Cloud StorageGoogle Cloud Storage is a highly-scalable object storage service designed for storing and accessing large, unstructured data sets.
IBM Cloud Object StorageIBM Cloud Object Storage is a highly scalable cloud storage service, designed for high durability, resiliency and security of your data. It provides a way to store and retrieve unstructured data and manage the data’s lifecycle through flexible policies and customizable metadata.
Microsoft Azure Blob StorageAzure Blob Storage is a massively scalable and secure object storage service for unstructured data.
MinIOMinIO is a high performance object storage server compatible with Amazon S3 APIs.
Nifty Cloud Object StorageNifty Cloud Object Storage is a cloud storage service provided by NTT Communications Corporation in Japan. It provides scalable and durable object storage for unstructured data, and can be accessed via APIs, SDKs, or web console.
OpenIO SDSOpenIO SDS (Software Defined Storage) is an open-source object storage solution designed for big data workloads and large-scale deployments, with features such as geo-distribution, erasure coding, and policy-based data management.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object StorageOracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage is a highly scalable and durable storage service for unstructured data.
OVHcloud Object StorageOVHcloud Object Storage is a scalable and flexible solution to store, archive, backup and retrieve any type of data with a guaranteed data durability.
Red Hat Ceph StorageRed Hat Ceph Storage is an open source, software-defined storage platform that combines powerful storage capabilities with ease of deployment and management.
Scaleway Object StorageScaleway Object Storage provides a simple and efficient way to store, serve and protect data in the cloud. It is S3-compatible, easy to use, and available with a predictable pricing model.
Scality ZenkoZenko is an open-source, multi-cloud data controller that allows you to orchestrate your data across any cloud.
ShrineShrine is a flexible and extensible file attachment toolkit for Ruby applications.
StackPath Object StorageStackPath Object Storage provides scalable, cost-effective storage for developers, startups, and enterprise applications. Store and access your data from anywhere, with no data transfer fees and pricing that scales as you grow.
SwiftStackSwiftStack is a software-defined object storage platform for enterprises, allowing them to store and manage petabytes of unstructured data at scale. It provides a highly available, S3-compatible object storage system for private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid cloud deployments.
Tencent Cloud Object StorageTencent Cloud Object Storage (COS) is a distributed storage system that provides massive and highly durable object storage services.
WasabiWasabi provides fast, reliable, and affordable cloud object storage that is 100% compatible with Amazon S3.
#What is File Storage?
In software development, File Storage refers to the process of storing and retrieving files from a storage system. A file storage system can be either local or remote and can include various types of storage technologies such as hard drives, solid-state drives, and cloud-based storage solutions. The file storage system is a critical component of any software system, as it allows applications to store, retrieve and manage data files.
#File Storage usage benefits
Here are some benefits of using a File Storage system in software development:
- Accessibility: With a file storage system, files can be accessed from anywhere in the world, provided there is an internet connection.
- Scalability: File storage systems are scalable and can be expanded as the storage requirements grow.
- Security: Most file storage systems have security features that can help protect files from unauthorized access.
- Backup and Recovery: File storage systems can provide backup and recovery options to ensure that data is not lost due to hardware or software failure.
- Collaboration: File storage systems can facilitate collaboration among team members by allowing them to share files with each other easily.
- Cost-effective: Cloud-based file storage systems are cost-effective since users only pay for the storage space they use.
#File Storage comparison criteria
Here are some comparison criteria for File Storage tools in software development:
- Security: Does the tool have robust security features, such as encryption and access controls, to protect files from unauthorized access and data breaches?
- Scalability: Is the tool capable of handling large amounts of data and scaling as your needs grow?
- Accessibility: Can files be accessed from anywhere and any device, and does the tool provide easy integration with other software applications?
- File management: Does the tool provide features to manage files, such as version control, search, and tagging?
- Collaboration: Does the tool allow multiple users to access and edit files simultaneously, and provide features for collaborative workflows?
- Integration: Does the tool integrate well with other software tools commonly used in software development, such as version control systems and project management tools?
- Cost: Is the tool cost-effective, and does it offer pricing models that align with your usage and budget?
- Support: Does the tool offer reliable technical support and documentation, and does it have an active community of users for troubleshooting and support?
- Performance: How quickly does the tool upload, download, and transfer files, and does it have features to optimize performance?
- Compliance: Does the tool comply with regulatory standards and industry best practices for data storage and security, such as HIPAA and GDPR?
#File Storage Summary
File Storage is a crucial aspect of software development that enables applications to store, retrieve, and manage data files. It offers numerous benefits, including accessibility, scalability, security, backup and recovery options, collaboration, and cost-effectiveness.