Hiccup File Templating
Hiccup is a fast and lightweight HTML templating library for Clojure.
#What is Hiccup?
Hiccup is a Clojure-based HTML generation library that allows developers to construct HTML documents as Clojure data structures. This library is a concise and elegant approach to web development that leverages the full power of Clojure’s data manipulation capabilities.
#Hiccup Key Features
Here are six notable features of Hiccup:
- It provides a concise syntax for generating HTML content using Clojure data structures.
- Hiccup provides a set of built-in functions for common HTML elements such as div, p, a, etc.
- Hiccup supports HTML5 and can handle custom elements and attributes.
- It is easy to integrate Hiccup with other Clojure web development frameworks such as Compojure and Ring.
- Hiccup allows for dynamic HTML generation by accepting Clojure data structures as input, which can be generated on the fly.
- Hiccup also supports a variety of templating systems, including Mustache, Handlebars, and Enlive.
Here are six common use cases for Hiccup:
- Creating dynamic web pages or web applications in Clojure.
- Building HTML email templates.
- Generating HTML content for reports or data visualizations.
- Rendering HTML content for use in PDF or other document formats.
- Creating static HTML files for a website or blog.
- Converting HTML content between different formats or platforms.
Hiccup is a Clojure-based HTML generation library that provides a simple and elegant approach to web development, enabling developers to generate HTML content using Clojure data structures, integrate with other web development frameworks, and support dynamic HTML generation.