XSLT File Templating
XSLT is a language used for transforming XML documents into other formats such as HTML or plain text.
#What is XSLT?
XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) is a language for transforming XML documents into other formats like HTML or plain text. It is a powerful templating language that can be used to generate output in different formats. XSLT is supported by most web browsers and can be used to transform XML data on the client-side as well as the server-side.
#XSLT Key Features
Here are some of the most recognizable features of XSLT:
- Is based on XML and uses XPath to navigate and manipulate the document tree.
- Provides a rich set of functions for string manipulation, mathematical operations, and date/time formatting.
- Templates can be used to match patterns in the input document and produce corresponding output elements.
- Supports conditional processing, iteration, and sorting of data.
- Can be used in combination with other XML technologies like XSD, XQuery, and XPath.
Here are some of the use cases of XSLT:
- Transform XML data into HTML, PDF and different formats for display or storage.
- Filter or extract data from large XML documents.
- Generate reports or summaries of XML data.
- Convert XML data into a format that can be imported into a database or spreadsheet.
- Validate XML data against a schema or DTD.
- Transform XML data for use in web applications.
XSLT is a powerful templating language that can be used to transform XML data into different formats. It provides a rich set of features for processing and manipulating data, and can be used in a variety of applications, including web development, data processing, and report generation.