Bundler Package Manager
Bundler is a package manager for the Ruby programming language. It manages an application’s dependencies through its entire life, across many machines, systematically and repeatably.
#What is Bundler?
Bundler is a package manager used for managing dependencies in Ruby applications. It simplifies the process of installing and managing gems (Ruby packages) and their dependencies, ensuring consistent versions and avoiding conflicts between different versions of gems.
#Bundler Key Features
Most recognizable Bundler features include:
- Gem dependency management and resolution
- Version locking and consistency
- Customizable gem sources and repositories
- Support for multiple Ruby environments
- Integration with Ruby applications and frameworks
- Efficient and fast installation and updating of gems
Some of the Bundler use-cases are:
- Management of gem dependencies for Ruby applications
- Provisioning and deployment of Ruby applications
- Development and testing of Ruby applications
- Collaborative development and sharing of Ruby gems
- Creation and distribution of custom gem repositories
- Dependency management and version locking in Ruby projects
Bundler is a package manager used for managing gem dependencies in Ruby applications, with features such as dependency resolution, version consistency, and customizable sources, suitable for various use-cases such as application development, collaboration, and custom repository creation.