Carthage Package Manager
Carthage is intended to be the simplest way to add frameworks to your Cocoa application.
#What is Carthage?
Carthage is a decentralized dependency manager for macOS and iOS platforms, designed to simplify the process of managing third-party libraries in Xcode projects. It allows developers to declare project dependencies in a Cartfile, which specifies the library name, version, and source. Carthage then fetches and builds the libraries, generates Xcode project files, and links the libraries to the project.
#Carthage Key Features
Most recognizable Carthage features include:
- Decentralized dependency management
- Integration with Git, GitHub, and other sources
- Automatic library fetching and building
- Version locking and updating
- Support for multiple platforms and architectures
- Integration with Xcode project files
Some of the Carthage use-cases are:
- Management of third-party libraries in macOS and iOS projects
- Provisioning and deployment of macOS and iOS applications
- Collaboration and sharing of project dependencies
- Customizable library sources and repositories
- Development and testing of macOS and iOS projects
- Efficient and fast installation and updating of libraries
Carthage is a decentralized dependency manager for macOS and iOS platforms, featuring automatic library fetching, integration with Git and other sources, and support for multiple platforms and architectures, suitable for various use-cases such as project development, collaboration, and deployment.