Apache TomEE Web Server
Apache TomEE is an enterprise-ready web profile of Apache Tomcat that combines several Java enterprise projects including Apache OpenEJB, Apache OpenWebBeans, Apache OpenJPA, and more. It is designed to provide a complete Java EE stack that is both easy to use and easy to integrate.
#What is Apache TomEE?
Apache TomEE is an open-source Java EE web profile certified application server that combines the simplicity of Tomcat with the power of Java EE. It is designed to provide a lightweight, yet robust Java application server that supports enterprise applications and offers a simple and easy-to-use platform for developers.
#Apache TomEE Key Features
Most recognizable Apache TomEE features include:
- Java EE Web Profile certified
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Provides a powerful set of enterprise features
- Supports various web technologies such as JSP, Servlets, JAX-RS, and JAX-WS
- Offers integrated database access through JPA and JDBC
- Provides advanced security features such as SSL/TLS encryption, JAAS, and role-based access control
#Apache TomEE Use-Cases
Some of the Apache TomEE use-cases are:
- Hosting Java-based web applications
- Developing and deploying Java EE applications
- Providing RESTful web services using JAX-RS
- Supporting SOAP-based web services using JAX-WS
- Implementing distributed transaction management using JTA
- Deploying microservices and serverless architectures
#Apache TomEE Summary
Apache TomEE is an open-source Java EE web profile certified application server that is lightweight, easy to use, and offers a powerful set of enterprise features. It is commonly used for hosting Java-based web applications, developing and deploying Java EE applications, providing RESTful and SOAP-based web services, implementing distributed transaction management, and deploying microservices and serverless architectures.