Web Sockets Tools
Browse the tools available to address the Web Sockets concept in your next programming project.
AnyCableAnyCable is a drop-in replacement for Action Cable that provides better performance, concurrency, and advanced features.
Apollo GraphQL subscriptionssubscriptions-transport-ws is a protocol-agnostic, pluggable transport for GraphQL Subscriptions that allows you to use any kind of WebSockets implementation.
BocadilloBocadillo is a Python web framework built on top of Starlette for building asyncio-powered web applications with ease.
CentrifugoCentrifugo is a scalable real-time messaging server in a language-agnostic way. Centrifugo works in web and mobile applications, gaming, IoT, etc.
Crossbar.ioCrossbar.io is a router for the open-source messaging protocol Autobahn|Python, that provides Publish & Subscribe (PubSub) and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over WebSockets for distributed systems and microservices.
Django ChannelsDjango Channels is a project that extends Django to handle WebSockets, long-polling and other asynchronous protocols.
Eclipse HonoEclipse Hono provides an implementation of the Hono protocol using WebSockets.
Fastify-WebsocketFastify WebSocket plugin, WebSocket handling for Fastify.
Gorilla WebSocketGorilla WebSocket is a Go implementation of the WebSocket protocol. It is a complete and standards-compliant implementation.
Haxe WebSocketsA Haxe library that provides a cross-platform WebSocket API.
JBoss WebSocketsJBoss WebSockets is a distributed transaction coordinator for Java applications, providing full support for ACID transactions and crash recovery.
KaazingKaazing is a leading provider of enterprise-grade WebSocket, real-time web, and mobile communication solutions.
NchanNchan is a scalable, flexible pub/sub server for the modern web, built as a module for the Nginx web server. It can be configured as a standalone server, or as a shim between your application and hundreds, thousands, or millions of live subscribers.
Netty-socketioNetty-socketio is a Java WebSocket library built on top of Netty. It allows bi-directional communication between server and clients, using the Socket.IO protocol.
Phoenix ChannelsPhoenix Channels is a real-time communication library built on top of the Phoenix web framework, allowing for bi-directional communication between clients and servers.
PrimusPrimus, the creator god of the Transformers, is an abstraction layer for real-time frameworks.
PulsarApache Pulsar is a distributed pub-sub messaging system that is designed to be fast, scalable, and durable. It provides a simple API for building high-performance, cloud-native, and scalable messaging applications.
PusherPusher is a hosted service that makes it easy to add real-time data and functionality to web and mobile applications. Pusher provides developers with real-time APIs and libraries that allow them to quickly and easily add real-time functionality to their applications.
RatchetRatchet is a PHP library for providing real-time functionality on a web server. It is built on top of the WebSocket protocol.
ReactiveSocketReactiveSocket is a protocol for building real-time, reactive, and efficient systems on top of the TCP/IP stack.
Rust-WebSocketRust-WebSocket is a WebSocket (RFC6455) library written in Rust.
Sails.js WebSocketsSails.js is a web framework that provides a robust set of features for building real-time applications using WebSockets.
SignalRSignalR is a library for ASP.NET developers that simplifies the process of adding real-time web functionality to applications. Real-time web functionality enables server-side code to push content to clients instantly.
SimpleWebsocketServerSimpleWebSocketServer is a very basic WebSocket server implementation using the Python standard library's SocketServer and WebSocket handler classes, which do most of the work for you. It can be used as a reference implementation of WebSocket as well as for testing purposes.
SocketClusterSocketCluster is a fast, highly scalable HTTP + realtime server engine which lets you build multi-process realtime servers that make use of all CPU cores on a machine/instance.
Socket.IOSocket.IO enables real-time, bidirectional and event-based communication. It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed.
Socketry WebSocketSocketry::WebSocket is a Ruby library for building WebSocket servers and clients using a lightweight, synchronous API.
Spring WebSocketsSpring WebSockets provides WebSocket and SockJS support for applications built with Spring.
Swoole WebSocket ServerSwoole WebSocket Server is an event-driven, async, high-performance WebSocket server written in C++ for PHP.
TornadoTornado is a Python web framework and asynchronous networking library.
TornadoTornado is a Python web framework and asynchronous networking library.
uWebSocketsuWebSockets.js is a Node.js WebSocket library for building blazing fast WebSocket apps
uWSGI WebSocketsuWSGI WebSockets is a uWSGI plugin that adds support for the WebSocket protocol.
WebbitWebbit is a lightweight, high-performance event-driven WebSocket server for Java.
WebSocket++WebSocket++ is a header only C++ library that implements RFC6455 The WebSocket Protocol. It allows integrating WebSocket client and server functionality into C++ programs.
WebSocketdWebSocketd is a small command-line tool that will wrap an existing command-line interface program, and allow it to be accessed via a WebSocket.
WebSockets for PythonWebSockets is a library for building WebSocket servers and clients in Python, with a focus on correctness and simplicity.
wsws is a Node.js WebSocket library that allows for low-level WebSocket API interactions. It provides both client and server functionality.
ws-asyncws-async is a Node.js WebSocket library with async/await support. It provides an easy way to write scalable and maintainable WebSocket servers.
#What is Web Sockets?
Web Sockets is a communication protocol that enables bidirectional communication between a client and a server over a single, long-lived TCP connection. This protocol is designed to facilitate real-time communication by allowing the server to push updates to the client without the need for the client to continually poll the server for new information.
#Web Sockets usage benefits
Here are six usage benefits of Web Sockets:
- Real-time updates: WebSockets allow real-time communication between the server and the client, enabling immediate updates to be sent from the server to the client without any delay.
- Reduced network traffic: Unlike traditional HTTP requests, WebSockets only send a small amount of data back and forth, reducing network traffic and increasing the speed of communication.
- Improved user experience: With real-time updates, WebSockets can improve the user experience by providing more responsive and engaging web applications.
- Bi-directional communication: WebSockets enable two-way communication between the server and the client, allowing data to be sent and received from both sides.
- Compatibility with modern browsers: Most modern browsers support WebSockets, making it easy to use for building real-time web applications.
- Scalability: With WebSockets, a server can handle a large number of clients simultaneously, making it suitable for building high-performance, scalable applications.
#Web Sockets comparison criteria
Here is a list of comparison criteria for Web Sockets tools in software development:
- Ease of use: How easy is it to integrate and use the tool in a project?
- Performance: How well does the tool handle a high volume of real-time connections?
- Scalability: How easily can the tool scale to accommodate an increasing number of connections?
- Reliability: How dependable is the tool in handling connections and maintaining connectivity?
- Security: How secure is the tool in terms of data privacy and protection against attacks?
- Compatibility: How compatible is the tool with different programming languages and frameworks?
- Documentation: How comprehensive and clear is the documentation for the tool?
- Community support: How active and helpful is the community behind the tool?
- Cost: How much does it cost to use the tool, and is it worth the investment?
- Customizability: How much can the tool be customized to fit the specific needs of the project?
#Web Sockets Summary
Web Sockets is a communication protocol that enables real-time, bidirectional communication between a client and a server, improving the user experience, reducing network traffic, and increasing scalability