AnyCable Web Sockets
AnyCable is a drop-in replacement for Action Cable that provides better performance, concurrency, and advanced features.
- Github Topic:anycable
#What is AnyCable?
AnyCable is an open-source WebSocket server that provides real-time communication between web servers and clients. It is built using the Ruby programming language and is designed to be compatible with existing Rails applications. AnyCable is specifically optimized to handle high-load scenarios, making it ideal for applications that require low-latency and high-throughput communication.
#AnyCable Key Features
Most recognizable AnyCable features include:
- High performance and throughput: AnyCable is designed to handle high-load scenarios and can support thousands of concurrent WebSocket connections.
- Compatibility with Rails: AnyCable is specifically designed to be compatible with existing Rails applications, making it easy to integrate into an existing stack.
- Support for multiple protocols: AnyCable supports a variety of protocols, including WebSockets, SSE, and ActionCable, allowing developers to choose the protocol that best suits their needs.
- Real-time message broadcasting: AnyCable provides a simple API for broadcasting messages in real-time to connected clients.
- Scalability: AnyCable can be horizontally scaled to handle additional load, making it suitable for applications that require high scalability.
- Low-latency communication: AnyCable is optimized for low-latency communication, making it ideal for applications that require real-time communication between server and client.
Some of the AnyCable use-cases are:
- Real-time messaging: AnyCable is ideal for applications that require real-time messaging, such as chat applications, multiplayer games, and collaborative editing tools.
- High-load scenarios: AnyCable is optimized to handle high-load scenarios, making it suitable for applications that require high throughput and low-latency communication.
- Live streaming: AnyCable can be used for live streaming applications, such as live video or audio feeds.
AnyCable is an open-source WebSocket server built using the Ruby programming language that is optimized for high-load scenarios, providing low-latency communication, and is compatible with Rails applications. Its most recognizable features include high performance, support for multiple protocols, and scalability. AnyCable is commonly used for real-time messaging, high-load scenarios, and live streaming applications.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.