Gorilla WebSocket Web Sockets
Gorilla WebSocket is a Go implementation of the WebSocket protocol. It is a complete and standards-compliant implementation.
- Github Topic:gorilla-websocket
#What is Gorilla WebSocket?
Gorilla WebSocket is a Go language library for building WebSocket applications. It provides a simple API for creating real-time applications with full-duplex communication channels over a single TCP connection. It supports both server-side and client-side functionality and can be used for building various types of applications, from chat applications to multiplayer games.
#Gorilla WebSocket Key Features
Most recognizable Gorilla WebSocket features include:
- Built-in WebSocket server and client implementations.
- Supports subprotocols and extensions for advanced functionality.
- Provides message buffering and fragmentation for large payloads.
- Supports goroutine-based concurrency for efficient resource usage.
- Implements WebSocket compression for faster data transmission.
- Offers configurable timeouts and error handling for better application stability.
#Gorilla WebSocket Use-Cases
Some of the Gorilla WebSocket use-cases are:
- Real-time chat applications and multiplayer games.
- Real-time financial trading and stock market analysis.
- Real-time monitoring and control of IoT devices.
- Collaborative editing and document management.
- Live streaming and video conferencing.
- Notification systems and push notifications.
#Gorilla WebSocket Summary
Gorilla WebSocket is a high-performance WebSocket library for Go that offers a rich set of features for building real-time applications with full-duplex communication channels over a single TCP connection.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.