Primus Web Sockets
Primus, the creator god of the Transformers, is an abstraction layer for real-time frameworks.
#What is Primus?
#Primus Key Features
Most recognizable Primus features include:
- Supports multiple real-time frameworks including Socket.io, SockJS, and Engine.io.
- Provides a unified API for all supported frameworks.
- Supports various transports including WebSockets, AJAX long-polling, and server-sent events.
- Offers real-time debugging capabilities with interactive debugging consoles.
- Provides a flexible plugin architecture for adding additional functionality.
- Supports binary data transfer with the ability to switch between binary and string modes.
Some of the Primus use-cases are:
- Building real-time chat applications.
- Building real-time gaming applications.
- Building real-time analytics and monitoring dashboards.
- Building real-time collaboration tools.
- Building real-time stock trading applications.
- Building real-time IoT applications.
Primus is a real-time framework that abstracts away the differences between various real-time frameworks and provides a consistent API to work with. It supports multiple real-time frameworks, offers various transports, real-time debugging capabilities, and supports binary data transfer. Its use cases include building real-time chat, gaming, analytics, collaboration, stock trading, and IoT applications.