Sails.js WebSockets Web Sockets
Sails.js is a web framework that provides a robust set of features for building real-time applications using WebSockets.
#What is Sails.js WebSockets?
Sails.js is a Node.js-based web framework that allows for real-time event-driven applications using WebSockets. It is built on top of the popular Express.js framework and uses Socket.io as its default WebSocket library.
#Sails.js WebSockets Key Features
Most recognizable Sails.js WebSockets features include:
- WebSocket support out of the box through Socket.io
- Blueprint API, which auto-generates RESTful endpoints for data models
- Policies for controlling access to endpoints
- MVC architecture with built-in support for models, controllers, and views
- Built-in support for various databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Extensive community-built plugins and modules.
#Sails.js WebSockets Use-Cases
Some of the Sails.js WebSockets use-cases are:
- Real-time collaboration applications, such as chat rooms and whiteboards
- Multi-player games that require real-time updates and events
- Financial trading platforms that require real-time data updates
- IoT applications that require real-time monitoring and control.
#Sails.js WebSockets Summary
Sails.js is a Node.js-based web framework that provides built-in support for WebSockets using Socket.io and is ideal for real-time event-driven applications. It offers a robust set of features, including an auto-generated RESTful API and support for various databases, and is used for a variety of use cases, from multi-player games to financial trading platforms.