SocketCluster Web Sockets
SocketCluster is a fast, highly scalable HTTP + realtime server engine which lets you build multi-process realtime servers that make use of all CPU cores on a machine/instance.
#What is SocketCluster?
SocketCluster is a scalable WebSocket server implementation for Node.js that enables real-time communication between clients and servers. It is designed to be easy to use and highly performant, capable of handling millions of concurrent connections and message exchanges.
#SocketCluster Key Features
Most recognizable SocketCluster features include:
- Support for both WebSocket and HTTP long-polling transport protocols
- Built-in load balancing and horizontal scaling capabilities
- Integration with Redis for pub/sub functionality and distributed state storage
- Easy-to-use API and client-side library for sending and receiving messages
- Support for custom authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Comprehensive error handling and debugging tools
Some of the SocketCluster use-cases are:
- Real-time collaboration and messaging applications
- Multiplayer gaming and e-sports platforms
- Financial trading and monitoring systems
- Internet of Things (IoT) and smart device control systems
- Live streaming and media distribution platforms
- High-availability and fault-tolerant applications
SocketCluster is a high-performance WebSocket server implementation designed for real-time communication at scale, with built-in load balancing, horizontal scaling, and support for multiple transport protocols.