Socket.IO Web Sockets
Socket.IO enables real-time, bidirectional and event-based communication. It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed.
#What is Socket.IO?
#Socket.IO Key Features
Most recognizable Socket.IO features include:
- Automatic fallbacks to older, less efficient protocols when necessary
- Support for custom events and data payloads
- Server-side support for multiple rooms and namespaces for organizing client connections
- Integrated support for broadcasting messages to all connected clients or specific subsets of clients
- Support for sending and receiving binary data
- The ability to integrate with existing Node.js HTTP servers or run as a standalone server.
Some of the Socket.IO use-cases are:
- Chat applications
- Multiplayer games
- Real-time analytics and monitoring dashboards
- Collaborative editing and document sharing tools
- IoT applications and devices
- Any application that requires real-time, bidirectional communication between clients and servers.
Socket.IO is a powerful WebSocket library that provides real-time, bidirectional communication capabilities between clients and servers, with support for custom events, broadcasting, rooms, namespaces, and more.