ws Web Sockets
ws is a Node.js WebSocket library that allows for low-level WebSocket API interactions. It provides both client and server functionality.
- Github Topic:websockets
#What is ws?
#ws Key Features
Most recognizable ws features include:
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Supports both WebSocket client and server functionality.
- Compatible with both the latest WebSocket protocol (RFC6455) and the older Hixie-76 protocol.
- Can be used in both Node.js and browser environments.
- Provides a wide range of configuration options and event callbacks.
- Supports binary data transfer in addition to text data.
Here are six potential use cases for ws:
- Real-time multiplayer games
- Real-time chat applications
- Real-time data streaming and visualization
- Real-time collaboration tools
- Real-time financial data feeds and analytics
- Real-time IoT data transfer and control
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.