An authorization library that supports access control models like ACL, RBAC, ABAC for Golang, Java, Node.js, Python, PHP, .NET (C#), Delphi, Rust, Dart, Ruby, Lua, Elixir, C++, Swift, and Kotlin.
- Github Topic:casbin
#What is Casbin?
Casbin is an open-source authorization library written in the Go programming language. It provides a flexible access control model that supports various authorization mechanisms such as Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC), and more.
#Casbin Key Features
Most recognizable Casbin features include:
- Supports multiple access control models: Casbin supports different access control models, including RBAC, ABAC, and more.
- Supports various storage types: It can use different storage types, including file, memory, database, and more.
- Supports multiple programming languages: Casbin has been implemented in multiple programming languages, including Go, Java, Python, Ruby, and more.
- Fine-grained authorization: Casbin provides fine-grained authorization, which means it can control access at the object or resource level, not just at the user or role level.
- Supports hierarchical role structures: It supports hierarchical role structures that can simplify the administration of access control policies.
- Provides a policy editor and visualization tool: Casbin provides a graphical editor and visualization tool to create and manage access control policies.
- Here are some of the use cases of Casbin:
Some of the Casbin use-cases are:
- Web applications: Casbin can be used to secure web applications by defining access control policies based on user roles or attributes.
- Microservices: It can be used to secure microservices by enforcing access control policies on API endpoints.
- Cloud infrastructure: Casbin can be used to secure cloud infrastructure by defining policies that control access to cloud resources such as storage, compute, and databases.
- Internet of Things (IoT): It can be used to secure IoT devices and data by defining policies that control access to specific sensors, data, and devices.
- Healthcare: Casbin can be used in healthcare to manage access control policies for patient data and resources.
- Financial services: It can be used in the financial industry to enforce access control policies for financial data and resources.
Casbin is an open-source authorization library that supports various access control models and storage types. It provides fine-grained authorization and supports hierarchical role structures. It can be used to secure web applications, microservices, cloud infrastructure, IoT, healthcare, and financial services.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.