Resque Background Jobs
Resque is a Redis-backed Ruby library for creating background jobs, placing those jobs on multiple queues, and processing them later.
- Github Topic:resque
#What is Resque?
Resque is a popular open-source background job framework that provides a simple way to perform work outside of the request-response cycle of web applications. Resque was designed to be easy to use, scalable, and fault-tolerant. It was originally created for use with the Ruby programming language but has since been ported to other languages.
#Resque Key Features
Here are some of the most recognizable features of Resque:
- Simple setup and integration with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to prioritize jobs and assign them to specific workers
- Built-in support for retrying failed jobs
- Integration with Redis for job management and storage
- Customizable job queuing and processing behaviors
- Detailed job tracking and performance metrics
Here are some use cases for Resque:
- Processing large batches of data or performing long-running tasks
- Sending emails or notifications asynchronously to avoid slowing down web requests
- Scheduling and executing recurring jobs, such as backups or data syncing
- Integrating with third-party services, such as payment processors or social media platforms
- Building real-time applications that require background processing of incoming data
- Scaling web applications to handle high levels of traffic and workload
Resque is a powerful and flexible background job framework that can help developers build more scalable and efficient web applications.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.