Oj Data Serialization
Oj is a fast JSON parser and serializer for Ruby. It is written in C as an extension and bundled with Ruby.
#What is Oj?
Oj is a C library for parsing and serializing JSON data. It is designed to be fast and efficient, with a small memory footprint. Oj provides a simple and flexible API for reading and writing JSON data, with support for custom serialization and deserialization routines.
#Oj Key Features
Designed to be extremely fast and efficient,
- Low memory overhead,
- Streaming parser that can handle large JSON documents without consuming excessive memory,
- Support for various JSON extensions such as comments and trailing commas.
Here are some notable use cases for Oj:
- Building high-performance web applications that need to process large amounts of JSON data
- Building command-line tools that need to manipulate JSON data
- Parsing and generating configuration files in JSON format
- Interfacing with external systems that use JSON for data exchange
- Storing and retrieving JSON data in databases
- Building RESTful web services that use JSON for data representation
Oj is a fast and efficient C library for parsing and serializing JSON data, with a simple and flexible API and support for various JSON extensions. It is suitable for a wide range of applications that need to work with JSON data, including web applications, command-line tools, and database applications.