Apache Accumulo is a sorted, distributed key-value store that provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. It is based on the design of Google’s BigTable and runs on top of Apache Hadoop, Apache ZooKeeper, and Apache Thrift.
- Github Topic:accumulo
#What is Accumulo?
Accumulo is a distributed, key-value NoSQL database system built on top of Apache Hadoop and designed to handle large amounts of structured and unstructured data. It was originally created by the National Security Agency (NSA) and released as open-source software in 2011.
#Accumulo Key Features
Here are some of the most recognizable features of Accumulo:
- Efficient data storage and retrieval for both structured and unstructured data.
- Fine-grained access control to ensure secure data sharing among users and groups.
- Built-in support for data versioning and data lineage tracking.
- Scalability to handle petabytes of data distributed across hundreds or thousands of nodes.
- High availability and fault tolerance through data replication and automatic failover.
- Customizable data processing using user-defined functions (UDFs) and iterators.
Accumulo is widely used in various industries and sectors, including government, finance, healthcare, and telecommunications. Here are some of its use-cases:
- Storing and analyzing large volumes of data for intelligence and defense agencies.
- Analyzing financial data to detect fraud and improve risk management.
- Managing and analyzing medical records and patient data in healthcare organizations.
- Analyzing and monitoring network traffic for telecommunications companies.
- Storing and analyzing customer data for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Building custom data processing pipelines for scientific research and experimentation.
Accumulo is a distributed, key-value NoSQL database system built on top of Apache Hadoop that provides efficient data storage and retrieval, fine-grained access control, and scalability to handle petabytes of data. It is widely used in government, finance, healthcare, and telecommunications industries to store, manage, and analyze large volumes of data.
Try hix.dev now
Simplify project configuration.
DRY during initialization.
Prevent the technical debt, easily.