**influxdata ** Database
InfluxDB is an open-source time series database developed by InfluxData. It is written in Go and optimized for fast, high-availability storage and retrieval of time series data in fields such as operations monitoring, application metrics, and real-time analytics.
#What is **influxdata **?
InfluxData is a time-series database designed to handle high volumes of time-stamped data in real-time. It was developed by InfluxData, Inc. and released in 2013 as an open-source software.
#**influxdata ** Key Features
Here are some of the most recognizable features of InfluxData:
- High write and query performance
- Built-in support for SQL-like query language called InfluxQL
- Built-in support for user-defined functions (UDFs) and continuous queries (CQs)
- Automatic data retention policies and data expiration
- Data compression and downsampling
- Integration with Grafana, a popular open-source data visualization tool
#**influxdata ** Use-Cases
Some of the use cases for InfluxData are:
- IoT sensor data storage and analysis
- DevOps monitoring and analytics
- Financial data analysis and real-time reporting
- Network and server performance monitoring
- Environmental and weather data collection and analysis
- Application and website performance monitoring
#**influxdata ** Summary
InfluxData is a high-performance time-series database designed for handling large amounts of time-stamped data in real-time, with built-in SQL-like query language and functions, automatic data retention policies, and integration with popular data visualization tools. It is used for various applications such as IoT, DevOps, finance, and environmental monitoring.