MarcelloDB is a pure-Java embedded database with a flat model and transactional support. It uses an immutable BTree data structure as its underlying storage format.
#What is MarcelloDB?
MarcelloDB is an open-source NoSQL database management system that is designed to be simple, fast, and reliable. It is a document-oriented database system that stores data in JSON format. MarcelloDB was created to be a lightweight alternative to other popular NoSQL databases and is particularly suited for use in embedded systems and mobile applications.
#MarcelloDB Key Features
Some of the most recognizable features of MarcelloDB include:
- Document-oriented storage: MarcelloDB stores data in JSON format, making it easy to work with and integrate with web and mobile applications.
- ACID compliance: MarcelloDB ensures the consistency of data by following the principles of atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability.
- Lightweight and easy to use: MarcelloDB is designed to be easy to install and use, with a simple API and a lightweight codebase.
- Replication: MarcelloDB supports master-slave replication, allowing for data redundancy and fault tolerance.
- Query language: MarcelloDB has a simple query language that supports basic operations like filtering, sorting, and aggregation.
- Cross-platform: MarcelloDB can run on a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Some use cases for MarcelloDB include:
- Mobile and embedded applications: MarcelloDB is lightweight and fast, making it well-suited for use in mobile and embedded systems.
- Web applications: MarcelloDB’s support for JSON and simple query language make it easy to integrate with web applications.
- Prototyping: MarcelloDB’s ease of use and simple API make it a good choice for prototyping and experimenting with new applications.
MarcelloDB is an open-source NoSQL database management system that is designed to be simple, fast, and reliable, making it well-suited for use in mobile and embedded systems, web applications, and prototyping.