Protractor Unit Tests
Protractor is an end-to-end test framework for Angular and AngularJS applications. Protractor runs tests against your application running in a real browser, interacting with it as a user would.
#What is Protractor?
Protractor is an end-to-end testing framework for web applications, built on top of WebDriverJS. It is designed to test AngularJS applications specifically, but can also be used to test non-AngularJS web applications as well.
#Protractor Key Features
Most recognizable Protractor features include:
- Built specifically for AngularJS applications
- Supports both unit and end-to-end testing
- Easy to set up and use with simple configuration
- Integrates seamlessly with other testing frameworks like Jasmine and Mocha
- Includes advanced features like automatic waiting, real-time testing, and page object management
- Offers a comprehensive API for testing web applications
Some of the Protractor use-cases are:
- Testing the functionality of AngularJS applications
- Automating end-to-end testing of web applications
- Writing integration tests to ensure that different parts of the application work together correctly
- Writing acceptance tests to ensure that the application meets the requirements of the user or customer
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues in web applications
- Building a suite of tests to ensure that changes to the application don’t break existing functionality
Protractor is an end-to-end testing framework for web applications, designed specifically for testing AngularJS applications. It offers advanced features and a comprehensive API, and can be used to automate a variety of testing tasks for web applications.